Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friday, March 16th, 2012




It's 15:39, and my day has just started. Jon's off at work [Which starts at 16:00], and I have a mental list of things I would like to do today. I even printed off said mental list! I guess that makes ME mental, not the list, but hey. I don't mind. While waving him off, I peeked down from the deck at the lovely flowers that have been growing, and much to my dismay found some shattered leaves.

Upon closer inspection, it appears the hail storm yesterday proved quite devastating for quite a few of the plants. They were even at the bulbing/blooming stage! One such bloom was completely ripped off of it's stem, and it's leaves sliced. Several more plants suffered similar leaf destruction, but luckily a lot of blossom bulbs survived, intact. Now I have to hope the torn leaves are still whole enough to photosynthesize, so the plants can grow.

It even appears the unknown plants that seem to be lilies are blooming, which is nice. Especially since I spotted two MORE sprouts coming up in my pepper pot!

Spring is proving to be good to me, as unusual as all the weather is. I only wish we had more seeds, and potting soil, so I could plant more food. I'm afraid peppers are all I'm going to be able to grow, and that's no bueno! No bueno at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment